Sunday, August 06, 2006

Goodbye and R.I.P. to my good friend Navin Parthasarathy

This Saturday morning, August 5th, 2006, as I was waiting for CalTrain at the Lawrence station in Santa Clara, I received a very devastating voicemail from a friend of mine. This friend told me that our mutual buddy Navin Parthasarathy had drowned while swimming in a lake near Cornell University in Ithaca, NY on Friday. I was crushed. Navin was a very good friend of mine. During the 2000-2001 school year, we studied together in the electrical engineering graduate program at UC-Santa Barbara. We hung out together all the time. I took him to Las Vegas for his first time. We went camping together at Big Sur. When he used to call me on the phone, he would always say to me, "Ass, what's up." This was our typical greeting as I had taught him how to say this. But no more.

Navin I will miss you sorely. You are gone, but not forgotten.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060807/NEWS01/608070331/1002



4 Comments:

Blogger Kingsley Joseph said...

Did navin go to BITS, Pilani in India? I think he went to high school with me!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Barry Pham said...

Yes, Navin went to BITS, Pilani and he was studying at UC-Santa Barbara. He was a very good friend of mine.

2:15 PM  
Blogger asisin said...

I went to college with Navin for 4 yrs. Ingenuous, peaceful, positive and exudes friendliness and goodwill at all times. He will be in the thoughts of many a classmate, and will be sorely missed by everyone who has made his acquaintance.

May his soul rest in peace.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Ramesh said...

Hey Sean,

How is life?

I'm planning to go to India in Feb 09 to see Navin's parents.

Ramesh

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home