Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Good Father

I don't need to be a billionaire.
I don't need to be a millionaire.
I don't need a shitload of money.
I don't need fast cars and electronic gadgets.

I want and need to be a good father to my daughter. But how do I do that? How is being a good father measured? In school, we take tests and get grades; that is how we are measured in terms of performance in the classroom. At work, we have yearly work reviews with our managers and they measure our performance based on some criteria. If you run a mile, you can measure how long it took you to run the mile. But how is being a "good" father measured? I don't know but everyday I try to be the best father that I can be. Will my "best" be good enough? Who will grade my performance as a father? I don't know...

2 Comments:

Blogger jabinder said...

Your daughter will grade your performance... :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger parthasarathy said...

Your son's daughter's deed action is a direct link of your charecter.prople should appriciate your daughter THAT SHE MUST HAVE BROUGHT UP BY GOOD PARENTS.YOUR UN EEPECTED LOVE WILL GIVE HER CHARECTOR.SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER LIKE AGOOD FRIEND.

LOVE
PARTHASARATHY

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home